Monday, May 3, 2010

Where in the Universe is EVE SOB - May 2010

It is time for this month’s “Where in the Universe is EVE SOB” post where every month I summarize where I am at in EVE. I also throw in some real world stuff and the top CNN headline of the day for a historical WTF was the world doing back then element.

Where am I?

It is odd to think that a whole month has passed all ready. It's been a busy month for me in and out of EVE. Inside EVE has been a lot of the same for SonOfBraben and some big changes for Zombinutz.

I took a crack at the blog banter this month as well. It was around why more Women don't play EVE and what could be done to change this. A slew of entries came in topping off at 80 before the deadline hit. A lot of folks took the same tact that I did. stating that it not so much about what needs to change, but more about good marketing and find the right Women to play eve. My Entry is here.

How’s building stuff doing?

SonOfBraben and Sister Janice are chugging away at the Hermit carebear ranch. Missioning has slowed down a bit and the focus has been around hauling stuff around for ZombiNutz and putting some BPO's in to copy as we start to look at some T2 production. The POS is still a steady goal that we are chugging towards and we are making more stuff than we are mining. So really there has been very little change here and I don't expect this to change for a while.

How’s shooting stuff doing?

On the other hand there is Zombinutz who is most certainly in harms way now. He joined Top Gear Ventures who in turn signed on with LEGIO to head out to 0.0 for some fun. I spent the bulk of the month getting to know my new corp. and it's people. I spent a lot of time running missions with them to raise standings towards jump clones. In the end I went back to the Caldari navy for mine but also put a decent dent in Fed navy and S.O.E standings.

I've made one run at getting down to NULL and found out some valuable tips on moving about down there. I did die in a bubble camp a few hops from a "safe" system but it was a good learning experience.

I spent some time soloing around lowsec as well. It's really not that scary of a place at all. I am still to find any kills out there, but no losses either.

Astral Dominix and I had a fun 1 Vs 1 frigate fight in which I ended up winning. We liked it so much that we decided to throw an invite to all for T1 frigate duels on Wednesday nights. More to come there as the action heats up.

What Skills am I training?

SonOfBraben: Finished out core improved. Now it's the long road to T2 production and advanced manufacturing skills. I have 2 plans in the mix for this depending on the short and long term needs. The first one covers the skills that I will need to make a lot of the frigate based T2 mods for Zombinutz. The second includes all T2 production skills plus a ton of the more advanced lab/manufacture/trade skills. As combined they add up to 247 days there is a good chance I'll be on this for a while. The first round of skills is only 4 days off. So life is not so bad there.

Zombinutz has spent the entire month training nothing but frigate skills. Any and all skills to make him fly faster, lock faster, shoot faster, shoot further, and last longer. A lot of simple skills in this space are now at level 4 and he is starting to actually feel dangerous in a rifter. I still have a ways to go but this month is all about heading to the T2 frigates. Jaguar in 18 days, 'ceptor in 27days, Stealth Bomber (fitted) in 34days. After that I'll slog out HAMs to T2 for the Drake.

In that pesky real world:

It's spring here in North Eastern USA and with May comes May Flies. They are horrid little black flies that swarm your head and bite the living sh!t out of you. Aside from that I am biking with my sons and working on the lawn and garden with my wife. Work is steady and still allows me a few days a week to work and play EVE at the same time.

My 2008 Subaru Impreza is in the repair bay getting some body work done after I bumped a Nissan Sentra off a ramp camp last month. I would get it fitted in T2 but it seems my clone lost some SP and I can not longer fly a T2 Subaru Impreza. (wink Wink)


CNN headline for Today:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/05/03/tennessee.flooding.deaths/index.html?hpt=T1

Make sure you are good to your mother this May. Even scum have a mother who loves them.

Cheers and Fly Grumpy.


EVE SOB

3 comments:

  1. For 0.0 work I would suggest getting inties before AF's as you will usually get more use out of them than flying a AF, also in 0.0 you tend to survive for a bit longer in an inty than a AF so it's easier on your wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the advice as always BBW. The good news is for the AF and the intie the bulk of the training is the same for me.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual I find Logan stole my comment. :)

    I heard about your fly issue and I know how much those suck. We had a couple of Summers when I was growing up that were horrible, I can remember everyone just walking around with their hands waving in front of their faces all summer.

    ReplyDelete