Monday, May 7, 2012

May 2012

Last month I talked of a move coming for me in EvE. In fact it has come, or more to the point, a few moves have happened. I’ve always believed that change is a healthy thing and thus far these changes have been positive.
The first change is moving my R&D Corporation out of the Okunda constellation. This involved tearing down 35 PI planets, a POS, and moving a lot of “stuff” (read “crap”) across the lowsec pipe and many jumps to my new home. It took some time to bleed off all R&D jobs and shuffle standings about before ultimately standing up a new smaller R&D POS in my new home.
Having a rhea and multiple Blockade runner trained pilots made this move much easier. It was also a great chance to spring clean my crap and sell off a lot of junk I’ve been dragging about. Moving the BPO collection was a little hairy, but went off without a hitch.
The Second change was Zombinutz joining a new corporation and alliance and moving into lowsec Khanid space. Ultimately this move is to get more PvP focused and I have confidence it will happen. So far the only KM is that of a poor lowly noob ship cyno alt. It’s dirty but well it’s a kill. I am excited to get in on some fleets and kill something a little more substantial.
The new alliance grows steady with a mix of PvP and Indy types. Having a Rhea alt makes me a popular dude as we shuffle things about. Also ironically right as I shifted I finished training my base Chimera skills and built the hull. So that made moving the fleet about much easier. I need to finish triage modules next but for the most part the chimera is ready for duty should the call come.

Big news in game would be around Burn Jita and Hulkageddon V.
Burn jita basically was a suicide gank lock down of EvE biggest trade hub. Somewhere like ½ trillion ISK destroyed and well a lot of forum fuss and EvE political flexing. In reality for me it was pretty much an excuse to visit other trade hubs and focus a little more on other aspects.
Hulkageddon V is the next event in a semiannual gank fest on mining barges started by helicity boson and this year picked up and backed by the goons. Normally a weeklong event, this time around we are seeing a month of hulkageddon. However it’s still an event that prays on the industry of eve under the guise of stopping bot mining. It still has prizes and still remains the time when miners take a break and focus on other things or we make metric crap tons of gank boats and sell them at marked up prices. For me this month I am inventing like crazy before datacores get a nerf.
On the note of hulkageddon perhaps some fresh targets might be a new spin on an old theme. With all the offline POSi floating around empire and lowsec. A civic duty to the community might be an event targeting POS’s and associated parts might be fun. Sure it might require a little more planning and work, but well burn Jita was in all fairness a very well executed showcase of what players can do. Ganking mining barges is so 2009 all ready.
Until next time folks
Cheers
EVE SOB

No comments:

Post a Comment