Monday, June 7, 2010

The Interceptor and I...

While playtime might still be skint with work and life and the bull shit all that brings. ZombiNutz can now not only fly but also respectably fit a Stiletto interceptor. Having missed a curse tackle by meters with my T2 fit tackle rifter the last time I was able to play in Null. I now find myself in Highsec shopping for Stiletto hulls and fits.

So I have to admit when it comes to interceptors there is a lot of green wood in the furnace on my part. I’ve been reading as I can around fits for the little buggers. I’ve been trying to think fast and annoying while monkeying about with EFT but still have enough DPS and EHP to fend off some drones. I must admit I am still a little unsure what will work and what will not. I’ve dropped a request in alliance chat “Any one got a good gang tackle Stiletto fit they can share?” to which the response was “NO NEED TACKLE, BC/BS DPS ONLY.” I guess my Engrish is off or something, WTF?!?!? Sure it was a bad time to ask but hey, I kind of expected more as I know there is at least two folks in the Alliance that FLY A BLOODY STILETTO!!!

Anyhow, on my very own I’ve came up with the following generic gang tackle fit:

[High]
2 X 150mm LAC II
1 X Unknown – Prolly a Standard LM thrower.
[Mid]
1 X SB II1 X Scram II
1 X Disruptor II
1 X 1MN MWD II
[Low]
2 X ODIS II
1X NIS II
[Rigs]
2X Small Pollycarbon Engine Housing I
[Pointy stuff]
Barrage S/RF EMP S
*Flameburst/CN Sabertooth LM

Its Super generic I know. I’ve thought of a DCU in the lows over the second overdrive. Either way flame on but follow the fire with some input please. I plan to buy about 5 of these fits to field test.

Also from what I read a gang tackle ‘captor wants a wider orbit holding point only hence no web in the fit. Essentially I get ‘em by the BALLS…um. Warp drive…and wait for the mean nasty DPS types to show and fill ‘em full of holes.

Cheers

EVE SOB

7 comments:

  1. If you're worried about tank, there's a fit out there that uses a Micro Auxiliary Power Core to enable a Medium Shield Extender II (or the meta-4 version). You'd drop the Warp Scrambler for it.

    By the way, you know you can copy a fit from EFT to the clipboard, right? Just use the drop-down box that lets you copy/rename/delete fits and there's a clipboard option. It has an added benefit of letting another user select the text, copy it, and then EFT will ask if you want to automatically import the fit. (Plus it will use the actual name of the item so I don't have to try to guess what an ODIS and NIS are -- since nobody uses the whole name, and I'm awful dumb)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm as a stiletto pilot my job is to tackle and stay alive. This means three things:

    1) I have to be as fast as possible
    2) I have to be able to lock in a spilt second
    3) I must have a warp disruptor

    My stiletto fit is thus:

    [Stiletto, speed]

    Overdrive Injector System II
    Overdrive Injector System II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

    Gistii B-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive
    Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution
    Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution
    Domination Warp Disruptor


    Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
    Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

    Notice there is no highs as honestly I do not care what you put there. standard speed is upwards of 4800 m/s ( without clone implants which I highly recommend) overloaded is 6900 m/s

    2814 scan res which means it locks pods in .92 seconds

    lemme know what you think bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. a 37KM point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I would worry about being in web range in a stiletto. Speed is life from what I understand (well speed and transversal).

    Yeah, sadly I am at work and don't have EFT on the PC here. So I pulled it from the iPhone note I have for the fit.

    I've seen the shield tanked stiletto fit out there. I've been playing with a rifter shield tank fit. Like it I do.

    Thanks for dropping in and the input. See if I cannot edit the fit section tonight when I get home and can get at EFT.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice Manasi. Similar to what I had, but more scan boosters. I forgot the scripts too thanks. I might just take it out for a spin. I'd put some LAC II on there to piss off drones.

    Quick question. With the 37K point do you orbit around 27K?

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  6. My age old MSE 'letto tackle setup

    [Stiletto, pvp1]
    Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
    Overdrive Injector System II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

    Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
    Medium Shield Extender II
    Warp Disruptor II
    Warp Scrambler II

    125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
    125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
    'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Caldari Navy Phalanx Rocket

    [empty rig slot]
    [empty rig slot]

    OR you could try this with less buffer ( I always liked the MSE setup more)

    [Stiletto, pvp2]
    Damage Control II
    Overdrive Injector System II
    Overdrive Injector System II

    Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
    Stasis Webifier II
    Warp Scrambler II
    Warp Disruptor II

    200mm AutoCannon II, EMP S
    150mm Light AutoCannon II, EMP S
    'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Gremlin Rocket

    Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
    Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

    You have a good setup as well! SBII's help tons, just make sure to carry both range and scan rez scripts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the input BBW. Some nice extra options there. Like them both too. Yeah Manasi put the light bulb on for the scripts.

    I'll be flying the rifter/caracal for a while, but I might start breaking out the stiletto when trying to catch the chumps who poke in our system. We are NBSI now, so we chase 'em all.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete