Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Odds and Ends Tuesday.

It's one of those days/weeks where RL is getting into my playtime schedule again. I could get all worked up and go off on a rant about some aspect of EVE. I might anyway, but I'd rather take a moment and call out some stuff buzzing about the community.

It seems like Helicity Boson is gearing up for “Hulkageddon III: Summer of Gank” as seen here in his blog calling for donations. If you’re not familiar with the event the basic idea is for a week people suicide gank mining barges to win prizes. It a good time for industrial accounts to make and sell gank ships in mass. It’s also a good time to take a break from eye peeling mining and run missions or try another aspect of EVE like P.I. or PvP for example. I support the event if only to recognize the sheer influence it has on EVE. Last year it was a good call for me to take my miner and broaden his horizons. I made more ISK selling catalysts and running level 4 missions that I would if I mined the whole week. So be ready for it folks. Happy hunting to the pirates and death to all macro miners!

There is this alliance tournament 8 thingy going on. You can find most of the fights on YouTube which I encourage if you PvP. I’ve been following Logan “Big Bad Wolf” Fyreite’s take on it all over at his blog: Eve Opportunist

CrazyKinux’s released the winners of the Women of EVE contest. It was a little bit late but congratz to the winners. I don’t think any of the 80 entries were bad at all. On the subject of CrazyKinux he appears to be under the water a little with RL (like most of us) and is turning a new leaf in EVE. Looks like he is going PvP joining Cozmik R5. Read about it here. Also his blog roll has grown again. It still does not include my blog. I am not sure what I’ve done to piss him off aside from wanting to not be part of the blog pack oh and perhaps ranting about how lame the new one can be. Either way if you looking for a good source of EVE blogs check his blogroll. Just like I love evebloggers as well, even if they have a small creep of non-eve blogs in there.

Last mention before I go is A MULE IN EVE. Manasi has provided so much good reading to me and his fans that he has to be mentioned. His last blog about 4 common traps is just another good chunk of advice all EVE players should read.
Cheers

EVE SOB

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about not being in his blog pack; I'm not either. There are plenty of good blogs not in the pack, and plenty of bad blogs in the pack. Can't win. Don't bother to try.

    Oh wait, you're not even on the blogroll. What have you done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows mate. I guess I am not a cool kid. I can live with out going all emo about it. It's his blog roll and he decides who is part of it. To be honest I've never asked to be added either. ;)

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's your problem; he doesn't add anybody unless they requested it.

    I enjoy your blog; so I requested it for you. Too bad for you. Now you'll get all kinds of jerks on here posting stupid comments like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks mate! If I had issue with stupid jerks posting stuff then I would never actually blog myself. ;)

    Read your bit on the bounty system. Makes total sense. Hoping we are both around an blogging for a good while.

    As always thanks for stopping in.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still makes me chuckle every time I read "Big Bad Wolf." Thanks for the shout out!

    How is Zombie doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey BBW! I read a few blogs about AT8, but frankly I like your spin the most. So shout out deserved.

    Real life is crushing me. The life of an IT geek is super busy. Little SOBs are growing up too and want my time.

    The bitching aside. ZombitNutz is doing ok. He is not a rockstar yet. But getting more kills than losses. Finishing supporting skills and then the stiletto will get some work. I only play ZombiNutz when I have a few hours uniterupted. Hence the grumbling about RL. When I do get to I typically get a kill or two. Fleets and things to shoot are getting easy to find in southern provi.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete