Friday, September 3, 2010

Where in the universe is EVE SOB – September 2010

It is time for this month’s “Where in the Universe is EVE SOB” post where every month I summarize where I am at in EVE. I also throw in some real world stuff and the top CNN headline of the day for a historical WTF was the world doing back then element.

Where am I?

The month of August was a busy month in many ways. Real life moves along at the blur that has become the norm. I’ve seen some more hours for EVE as well and changed a lot of what we do on the “ranch”. I also have changed where I try and find my PvP.

Perhaps the biggest thing that comes to mind from August EVE wise is the EVENTS. The Death Race ran and all that took place screamed of a fun time with many thanks for Rixx javix of EVEOGANDA. I was unable to make the race this time but it’s added some new life to an old idea of mine. Hence my post about a Frigate Cage Match went out to the folks for a sanity check. The response I got was VERY positive and I still have to follow up with a few folks here and there. It’s is clear that the Cage Match will happen, but it might be a few months out while I get it organized. So for now I’ll just thank all those that took the time to plug, comment, or contact me about the event.

How’s building stuff doing?

The ranch has shifted gears a bit from T2 Assault Frigate and Interceptor production. We are starting to focus more on passive income. The Planetary side of the ranch now manages 14 planets in Highsec and has the ability to make pretty much any P1-4 product. Right now though the focus is what makes us the most cash for 30 minutes of clicking a day. The addition of 2 Alts, who I refer to as the Nuns, has enabled a lot more passive income and depth to the P.I. farm. I’ve also been training them in select science skills such that all invention jobs on the T2 side are entirely supported by R&D Agent provided datacores.

There are some other short term plans for the ranch, but for now those will remain news for next month.

How’s shooting stuff doing?

I might be in the market for a new corp. soon here. While Top Gear ventures are great people and delivered the promise of heading out to null. I have become a stranger to the corp. through a combination of time constraints and discontent with NULL life. It’s nothing to reflect on the corp. but gate camping and Sov structure bashing in terms of PvP is not my idea of thrilling.

So I’ve been trying my hand at LowSec solo PvP and for those that read this blog you know that this is going slow for me. I have received some in game mails from folks about hooking up to roam or 1 v 1 that I plan to honor as time allows. Just as I plan to do no more 0.0 PvP until I have lost 5 rifters (completing a tale of 5 dead rifters) in LowSec space.

What Skills am I training?

SonOfBraben: The drone skills have grown and I am mixing my skill time between finishing those out and furthering my science skills. There might be a few other skills in the mix for “other” things as well. :)

Zombinutz: The supporting ‘captor skills are getting done. I might be taking a deviation here shortly to return to Battle cruisers and perhaps some battle ship skills depending on what I find myself drifting towards for PvP.

Sister Janice (Nun Alt): Rocket Science to level 4, then it’s a cloaky hauler for her.

Sister Juliette (Nun Alt): Undecided right now. She has P.I. and Science for datacores now. Might add cloaky scout/scanning to her list.

In the pesky real world:

The mini-clones are back in school and the summer air in North Eastern USA is starting to take on a cooler mood at night. Some leaves are turning and we are entering one of my favorite times of year – FALL! Fall to me is my most productive outdoor month where I tend to do more nature oriented thinks like hiking and fishing. It’s also Halloween which is a blast with the mini-clones. Apple picking season always brings out some great home baked pies from Mrs. SOB. Also the days get shorter and as a result my gaming time tends to open up, meaning more time for EVE.

CNN headline for Today:

http://us.cnn.com/2010/US/09/03/tropical.weather/index.html?hpt=T1

(this one is close to home)

Cheers

EVE SOB

No comments:

Post a Comment