My own ranting has left me considering a more positive reaction to apparent dwindling of solo PvP action. The idea in my head is simple and revolves around organizing a last pilot standing fight to the death for as many brave and/or crazy frigate pilots who choose to sign up and enter the “CAGE” system to fight.
Of course there will be an entry fee, rules, and prizes for the participants all wrapped into a semi regular event where frigate junkies can get there solo PvP on. Sure you could bring a group, but in the end only one pilot gets the gravy.
The draft rules are simple (and open to suggestion):
- 5M to enter with all ISK going to the Last Frigate flying in fleet (minus fleet referee)
- T1 non faction frigates only with any fittings.
- All entrants join a single fleet and fighting begins when they enter the “CAGE” system
- If you leave the “CAGE” system you are removed from the fleet.
- If you dock in anything in the “CAGE” system you are removed from the fleet.
- If you are in your pod you are removed from the fleet.
- Once removed from the fleet you are out of the fight and no ISK for you.
- Gate crashing the system is allowed and expected.
- No restrictions on implants or boosters.
- Faction/T2 frigates or above are not allowed unless a gate crasher. :)
Fittings are unlimited as warping to fleet member will be allowed and should take care of the cloakers and folks who safe up. The “CAGE” system region will be in LowSec and easy to reach from Null or Empire space. The region will be announced to entrants a week before and the CAGE system 1 hour before the bell.
It’s a simple idea, might have been done before. I think it would be a fun event and I am looking for feedback from the community and bloggers. Perhaps some donated promo art if the graphically inclined a like the idea **hint hint*. Some linkage to the idea and comments if fellow bloggers wish to offer some support **hint hint**. A pilot date and time will be published based on feed back and interest.
Just an Idea, but let me know if you think it’s a good one or just plain BORING!