Monday, August 2, 2010

Where in the Universe is EVE SOB - August 2010

It is time for this month’s “Where in the Universe is EVE SOB” post where every month I summarize where I am at in EVE. I also throw in some real world stuff and the top CNN headline of the day for a historical WTF was the world doing back then element.

Where am I?

So things were moving a little less in the real world and a little more EVE this past month. It might be for the most part me doing a lot of double clicking in PI. However I have been undocking in rifters more looking for trouble as I pick my way about LowSec. I am also grinding away at standings with a few key R&D agent corps to add free invention datacores and passive income.

How’s building stuff doing?

Stiletto, manticore, Hawk, Jaguar, and Wolf T2 frigates are being made at the ranch now. It’s a slow process and it still needs refining to make it truly profitable. However it’s nice to provide cost effective AF to Zombinutz at the least. I took a break from all science and industry to finish out SonOfBraben’s assault frigate training. I’d rather run LvL 2-3’s in an Assault frigate as the ammo is cheaper than the Brutix and it moves a little bit faster.

I’ve settled to making nanite repair paste with most of the PI stuff I have going on. It may only yield a few million a day, but at this point the colonies are paid for and on those days where I log in and double click about 500 times I make ~4m ISK for it. Not awesome, but for highsec 30 mins a day stuff it’s not so lame.

How’s shooting stuff doing?

So I’ve been taking my rifter out and about in LowSec trying to find the allusive solo PvP fights. I am yet to lose a rifter but also yet to kill anything solo in one either. I’ve locked up a few folks. A stiletto made it to the gate before I could pop him, a rifter in a belt called for backup the second I locked him, and there is this harbinger that now know pretty well.

Someday I hope to post “A Tale of 5 dead rifters” first real episode however for now it’s just a lot of me GTFO or missing kills. Oh and I hit 10M Skill points last month on this “Combat” pilot. :)

What Skills am I training?

SonOfBraben: Drones for a bit now. Having rounded out the skills for an Ishkur. I am now determined to skill up to add some serious teeth its drone bay. Then back to science skills for a year.

Zombinutz: Interceptor V done. Now it’s a whole mess of supporting skills like Energy systems Operation, Energy management, Electronics, propulsion Jamming, Gunnery, motion prediction, etc to level IV/V. Next 50 days or so has me doing this.

In the pesky real world:

Not too much kicking about here for once. Summer schedule with the boys being home from School has been fun and I’ll actually miss them when they go back. Work is letting up too giving me more time to focus on more important things like exercise and loosing the winter weight. I plan to drop 40 pounds before October. Wish me luck.

CNN headline for Today:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/08/02/pakistan.flooding/index.html?hpt=C1

Cheers

EVE SOB

1 comment:

  1. Bummer, thought I was going to see the glorious solo rifter kill link! :) Hang in there m8 it'll happen sooner or later. Solo low-sec hunting is feast or famine and staying alive long enough to have your shot. It can be frustrating, but it is sweet when it all comes together. Hope it happens for you soon.

    ReplyDelete